Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust


In a good way this time. I got another one of my afghan projects for Christmas finished. This is for my ex-son-in-law and his new wife. It's pretty but I'm glad it's done and I can move on to all the other things I need to get finished.

It looks nice and will be something useful as well. I guess you can't ask for anything more than that.

I have had to redo the body of the stuffed dog I am making. I did something stupid and ruined the first one. But that is just one evening's work, so it's not that big a deal. I have also started yet another afghan. This is my next to the last one. From there I need to finish all the things for my granddaughter, and make my daughter's present as well.

This winter I will do something very unusual for me. First, and more important, I'll be working hard to finish Sewmouse's quilt for her. In addition, I plan to make a couple of sweaters and a couple of pair of socks for someone I almost never make anything for......me.

4 comments:

Sewmouse said...

Go ahead and make your sox first, babe - the recipient for that quilt probably won't notice even if it goes another year b4 finishing

BBC said...

Being as I pissed Sewmouse off I don't suppose that I will ever get the quilt she said she would make for me.

And that is okay, I won't hold it against her.

I can't and won't make clothes for me. Shoot, I can buy a pair of socks for a buck and help feed the person that made them.

Say what we want about lead in products made in China, but at least the folks making them got to eat a meal that evening.

And the lead issue will be resolved in time. It's evolution you know.

Leandra said...

The problem with giving children lead covered products is that it can and does enter their systems and cause mental retardation and other intellectual delays. We can't allow them to poison the kids just to make a few bucks.

The socks are for me. I can't buy a pair for a dollar that will keep my feet really warm, and in the winter my house is generally fairly chilly and my feet get cold. Besides, making socks is fun, it keeps my hands busy, and it's something few people ever have.

Sewmouse said...

"The problem with giving children lead covered products is that it can and does enter their systems and cause mental retardation and other intellectual delays."


So true, Leandra. And we see evidence of this all around us.