Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Moving Right Along

I just got back from Michaels, the local craft store, where I picked up the materials to make a cute crocheted basset hound. Thank you Sewmouse for that and the many other patterns you found and sent me.

I checked my Christmas giving list. I was able to delete one of the afghans I was going to send, but the yarn is now redirected to a sweater for my granddaughter. The timing will be tight because I am going to make all of her Christmas gifts this year, which I was not planning to do until very recently. I simply cannot justify buying any toys until this entire recall thing is resolved, and I am convinced that the contaminated Chinese-made toys are already in the warehouses and are going to be sold to us for our kids then recalled after Christmas.

I am nearly finished with one afghan, and have two more to finish by Christmas, plus all of Rachel's gifts. I'm going to be one busy camper for this upcoming season. Still, I have over three months, so if I really work hard, I'll get it all done in time. The little kid stuff can be done at the same time as other things, one small piece at a time, then assembled and stuffed at the last moment. My daughter can help me make some of the plastic canvas things. That should be fun for her as well.

I wish this were not the case, though I admit I'm having fun planning all of this, and will feel an enormous sense of accomplishment when everything is finished. I will be posting pictures of things as they are finished, so everyone can keep track of my progress. Wish me luck people, this is a huge amount of new work that I hadn't counted on having to do. Still, my granddaughter is precious to me, and she's worth the added work. I won't risk poisoning her for corporate profit.

3 comments:

BBC said...

"The timing will be tight because I am going to make all of her Christmas gifts this year,"

I don't do Christmas anymore, that is some kind of a Christian or capitalist holiday.

BBC said...

"I will be posting pictures of things as they are finished, so everyone can keep track of my progress."

Everyone? Both of us? :-)

Sorry, I needed some humor this evening. :-)

Leandra said...

Well BBC, remember that this isn't the only place I post, and I assure you that some of the other places have literally thousands of members, so trust me, others will see this.

As we speak I just finished the second part of the Basset Hound, and will be stuffing it this afternoon.

I settled on the cutest knit teddy bear as my last gift. It wears a pink and white sweater, with a blue one as a spare so she can change its clothes. It will be tight, but she's a little girl, so the clothes part for her will make up quickly.

Right now I'm looking forward to this evening. Could be potentially "very interesting" as in "may you live in interesting times" interesting. My daughter's girlfriend will be spending the night here. Can't wait to see her. Her boyfriend worked her over last night and I understand she's using the old "I walked into a door in the dark" excuse for her bruised face and black swollen eye. Don't know how she is explaining the missing hair. He also put a gun to her head and threatened to kill her. He knows where we live and that she will come here.

As I said; it will be an "interesting" evening. Still I have my daughter's baseball bat, a telephone, and a very large dog. If he even shows up here for any reason I will call the police and will scream gun whether or not I see one. Gets them out here faster.