Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lots of Things

A lot of time has passed since my last post here. Most of it hasn't been fun or happy.

The end of December my current job assignment came to an end. I wasn't fired or anything, the contract was simply completed. There isn't a much worse time to be out of work than at the end of the year because nobody hires then and it takes a month or more at the beginning of the new year for them to gear up. I'm still out of work despite having had a few interviews. Now to be fair, I wan't a perfect fit for any of those jobs, though I could have done an adequate job of them. I have quite a number of outstanding submittals (from agencies mostly) to really good jobs. I have another interview on Saturday and the possibility of two more being scheduled before the end of the week.

I was getting worried about having enough money to live on should my unemployment run out (which it will in about six weeks), so I bit the bullet and accellerated my payoff schedule on the few bills I have left. I'm now debt free other than for day to day things. That makes me feel a bit better.

Things at home are going from bad to worse. My daughter continues to drink entirely too much. She's so caught up in being angry and lashing out at her soon-to-be ex-husband that she has no time to really live. I bought her a really good book on anger management; she says she will read it, but thus far has not even opened the cover. I think it could help her a lot. He and I worked really hard coming up with the money to get her into a really good alcohol inpatient program that she was interested in and now refuses to even consider. Did I mention she's now a lesbian as well? *sigh* I must admit I am having problems coping with her continual anger, and have more or less decided to just stay in my room and keep my mouth shut. Did I mention I live with her and her soon-to-be ex?

I don't sleep well at the best of times, and now I'm so tense I'm almost immobilized. I'm not doing most of the many things I should be doing. I do the job-related stuff, but have let the rest of it slide, including my writing. I'll post more on that and other topics of a personal note another day. I'm tired. I'm tired of being tired. I'm bored to death. No social life of any sort. I leave the house only to go to the bank or the grocery store. My entire social interaction consists of online friends now. The problem is that I need to break this trend before it becomes a habit.

So much for today's bitch session. I decided to restart this blog just so I have somewhere I can be open, honest, and not be afraid of setting someone's bad temper off or hurting someone's feelings.

No comments: