Thursday, March 30, 2006

Personal Meanderings

Today has been in interesting day for me in a number of ways. I've been so involved in the thought processes involved in trying to list all the things I know about, would like to know about and that I could teach, write articles about, etc. that the day has more or less just slipped away. Everyone should do such an inventory. It's quite an ego boost.


I had a meeting with the second of the headhunters today. I realized that I should be enormously flattered. These are not job recruiters. They are guys charged with digging up resumes of highly qualified people for top jobs and then making a pitch to an employer regarding them. These are top folks and working only with top people. My thing is that I'm one of them for whatever reason. The job they're pitching me for is one I could do a very good job at. It would allow me to retire in a few years on top....at least by my definition of what "on top" means. The pay is a lot more than I have thus far ever made in my life, but the responsibilities would require me to use all my accumulated experience and skills in one place.

Depending on the people involved at the company, it could potentially be a dream job. Tonight, however, I'm just basking in the notion that an honest-to-god head hunter thought I was good enough to approach. Wow.

No comments: