Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Busy Season

My busy season has already started. I am frantically trying to finish an afghan for my daughter's birthday in about two weeks. I'm making good progress by keeping myself to a strict production schedule that eats up to two hours a day. I should be able to finish it in plenty of time. The problem is that I can only work on it when she is not in the house so I keep a second project going at the same time.

The second project is a quilt for my son and his wife for Christmas. Of course it's not going to be finished by Christmas, but it should be far enough along for me to be able to send them a nice picture and a promise. It will be done in early Spring at latest. I have two of the thirty squares already finished. I love quilting and keep one going at all times. When this is done, I have two more, and four wall hangings to do.

Sometime this upcoming week I will get a kit for a beautiful blue knitted afghan. It has a snowflake design. It's reversible, so that will be pretty. It's going to be for my daughter's girlfriend. I will have to push hard to get it done in the five or six weeks I'll have to do it. I'll figure out what I have to finish in what time frame to make it happen so we'll see.

Because of all of this, my time for games and other things is restricted. I have not been writing much, though I have to get that to change. I am going to start (again) trying to write for an hour every morning as soon as I am up. That seems to work better than some other things.

For now, however, I'll chug along happily with my various projects and see where it gets me. I have one afghan square finished already this morning, and if Susan comes home soon (not very likely) I will still have this evening while she is out to do the other one. I only have to get two a day finished to hit my deadline. I have five done now and will have one more today. That leaves 11 more of this color. The other 18 are already finished.

No comments: