Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back to Work

I am really hoping to get back to work part-time soon. I've identified four real opportunities to write online and have submitted my resume and application to each of them. The pay isn't enormous, but then neither is the time expenditure. It would be sufficient money for me to augment my income and pay for some trips I want to take. It would also keep me busy and off the streets and out of the bars.

We'll see if I get any of them. My absolute favorite would be as a political blogger. I'm opinionated enough and well enough informed that it would be a piece of cake for me to do this. Imagine being paid for doing something I do anyway. Tres cool.

At any rate, we'll see. I would love to keep my mind active and get back the feeling of accomplishment that writing something good always gives me.

2 comments:

Lily said...

Good luck with it- I have written at a few blogs and in print during my more committed days- the pay could be better for political comment but then again there is such a huge amount of it. And there's also no need- they figure- to pay for original content when they can just link to somebody who has it done. So, its not a great gig. Its good if you are doing it anyway though for free as I used to!

Leandra said...

Well, since I would do it whether or not I was paid, getting paid is better. Besides, as I'm fond of pointing out to friends, it keeps me off the streets and out of the bars.

Otherwise I would be doing it as I am now, for free $25 gift cards to Borders books.