Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ineresting Day

I found out today that my daughter plans to get me a golden retriever puppy for my birthday/christmas present (they're one week apart). One of her dogs will go with her husband when their divorce is final and that will leave one dog in the house. She really wants another dog, but also wants to do without the responsibility so she will give me the puppy I would enjoy and I get to see that it is trained, feed it, brush it, etc. Heck, I'm here all the time anyway so why not.

I am reading up on puppy training and all of that right now. We will go through formal obedience classes as soon as the dog is old enough. I won't have an untrained pita dog. I'll have to learn to trim claws, etc. It might be interesting. I understand this breed is very intelligent, obedient, and mild tempered. I intend to get a female since I like to scratch their tummies and you can't do that with a male.

Yesterday I found out that Susan can sign. Not universal sign but rather finger spelling. She said hello to a new neighbor's child and he signed at her. She spelled out that she could only do alphabet and asked his name. He was really thrilled. I was amazed watching her. She's really fast at it and the kid understood her right off. I think she may take a course in universal signing. I've always wanted to learn that. Don't know why but I have.

Susan has split up with her girlfriend again. This is the fifth or sixth time. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts this time. And then Susan's wallet disappeared. She thinks the girlfriend took it, but I don't. Susan was so roaring drunk that she could have dropped or put it virtually anywhere. I won't be a bit surprised if it just turns up in a laundry basket or something.

I swear I live in such interesting times. The Chinese curse sort of interesting times.

No comments: