Friday, August 25, 2006

The weekend

Well, the weekend is approaching. I'll be alone here at the house with the dogs as usual. That's really not a problem. I am just not sure what I want to do. There are tons of things I "should" do, but not much I want to do.

My sleep is improving slightly. I am getting to sleep a bit faster, and getting back to sleep when I wake up faster. I think, though I have no way of quantifying it, that I am waking up at night a bit less. Sill six to eight times, but that's an improvement. The biggest improvement is that for the past three nights I have been able to go back to bed in the morning and sleep an extra two hours or so. This is major. I feel much better during the day and have a lot more energy.

Perhaps this weekend I'll try to get my habit of writing back. I know what I want to write. I have just finished a book about writing....the gist of it was to write. I know that sounds obvious, but what it means is write even if the stuff you're writing is bad and will have to be dumped at a later date. Just get the story down on paper so that it's real and out there. Writers tend to want their stuff to be excellent the first time out so they write and rewrite, or worse block up, rather than pushing through even if it's crap so that it gets done. Once done, then you can go back and polish, rewrite, dump the garbage, and refine the good stuff.

Anyway there is a warm weekend coming. I wish I didn't consider it a waste of time to go out by myself and do things. But a meal alone always leaves me thinking about how much better I could do and that it would have cost less too. I don't want to go shopping and there are no movies I want to see. It's almost 10:00 here, so I suppose I'll just sleep on it and decide in the morning. I think I shall make biscuits for breakfast for a change.

No comments: