Sunday, September 17, 2006

Family Wedding

I attended my youngest sister's wedding yesterday. Well, she's also my niece, but that's another story for another day. It was a nice wedding and was a day I am positive she felt would never actually come. She is 41 years old and has never been married. She's been in two extremely long-term relationships and has a 14 year old daughter from one of them. But she's never been married.

Yesterday two of her brothers marched her down the aisle, and my sister (her birth mother) gave her away. The ceremony itself was short and simple. Her new husband interrupted the ceremony several times to proclaim at the top of his voice that she was his best friend and how much he loved her. It was very touching. He also got down on his knees to put the ring on her finger. They were both horribly nervous and shaking by the time it was over and they were finally married.

Lisa looked pretty in her wedding dress. Her daughter was one of the bridesmaids. She looked happier than I ever remember seeing her. I made her promise me she's wait until I was at least ten miles away from the area before she threw the bouquet. One cannot be too careful.

The reception was nice, but I left fairly early. Large crowds and lots of noise get on my nerves. It was great to see my nephews and their wives and children there. However, the dogs were here alone outside, and with my catarracts I don't see as well at night as I used to, so I wanted to avoid driving after dark as much as I could. It was a long drive.

Susan stayed down there, but she and Tammy (as usual when they drink) got into a fight, so Tammy came back up here about 2:30 in the morning. I'm tired, having been awakened in the middle of the night. Given that I was here with the dogs alone, I didn't really get much sleep before then either, with them barking every time someone farted in this half of the county. Obviously, once awake I didn't get much sleep afterward either. Two nights of bad sleep now. Tonight will be three as Susan and Tammy are sure to get drunk and get into another screaming match.

2 comments:

Sewmouse said...

I have a suggestion...

Go get a prescription for a mild sedative - sleeping pill. NONO, Dont yell at me and tell me they don't work for you, I know that already! Just listen...

The next time Susan leaves you alone for the night in the house with the bark & sniffers, cut one of those pills in half and give 1/2 to each of the dogs.

Bon Nuit....

Leandra said...

*chuckles* Half a can of beer apiece would do the same thing and would cost less.