Monday, September 25, 2006

Interesting Last 24 Hours

The past 24 hours has been very interesting as in "May you live in interesting times." It started last night when my daughter decided to take her two dogs with her when she went with a friend to run a few errands. She came home about an hour later in hysterics, stopping just long enough to drop off one of the dogs.

Seems the other one. The male, was on his way to the vet after having jumped out of a moving car that was going about 30 mph and into traffic. Fortunately he didn't get hit by any of the cars behind them. He's a mess, but is extremely fortunate. He has no broken bones, no pulled tendons, and doesn't have a concussion. What he does have is some really nasty road rash and (though we cannot see any) bruises everywhere according to the vet. He's on antibiotics and pain pills for a few days.

Today I took care of him. He's barely able to walk he's limping so badly. He's sleeping a lot. Fortunately we have a wheelchair ramp at the front of the house so he can get down to do his business without using the stairs, which are clearly beyond him at the moment.

The second interesting thing was that last week I was listening to a talk radio show where I live. The host was talking politics and it reminded me of a piece I wrote here giving advice to the Democrats. So I sent a copy of it off to his show and promptly forgot about it.

Today I got a call from his producer, praising the piece not only for its contents but also for the quality of the writing. They wanted me to come on the show for a segment. This was quite cool. First he read what I had written, then he asked me quite a few questions. After that they opened up the phone lines. The entire segment lasted about an hour. I was nervous at first, but quickly relaxed and did ok. It was nice. I guess that's my 15 minutes of fame.

I told him that the DNC had ignored my message other than to begin innundating me with requests for money. He asked if they ever did respond that I share it with him, which I said I would do. He noted, however, that both of us will probably be chipping icicles in hell before that happens.

3 comments:

Sewmouse said...

Woohoo!! You are a celebrity!!

I think it would be ultimately cool if you could find some way to spin yourself into one of those "political analyist" jobs. In fact, you should put this on your resume for that kind of job right now "Invited and appeared on the XYZ Political Show radio broadcast"

And just think - I already HAVE your autograph!!

Leandra said...

I cannot even imagine how ultra cool it would be to have a weekly column somewhere. I would love that.

Leandra said...

I cannot even imagine how ultra cool it would be to have a weekly column somewhere. I would love that.