Sunday, February 18, 2007

Miscellaneous Things

I haven't been posting here much. Mainly I'm busy and dealing with a lot of stress at the moment. Also, I'm posting a lot more in an area called gather.com. It has literally hundreds of discussion groups. My current favorite is the politics one which should come as no surprise to anyone. What I am proud of, given that the group has over 30,000 members is that I've had things I've posted as their front-page feature three times in the past ten days. I have some aspirations toward being a political blogger that people actually listen to, so this definitely doesn't hurt.

I'm making good progress with my current afghan (a Christmas present for my sister) and also on the quilt for my son. I had a small setback there yesterday because I wasn't paying attention and had to rip out a bunch of quilting so the area would lay flat. There is an order in which you must do these things and I didn't do that. Voila! Bunched up mess.

Some of you know that I also play an online game called WoW. It used to be fun, but the real world is intruding to such an extent that it's more of a chore to log on than it is fun to play. I have one low-level character I'm still having fun with, but I have to go play my main as well since in a few levels (well ok six huge levels) she gets to fly on her own like a bird. Actually as a bird. That will be such a kick. I haven't logged her on in like three days to do more than check mail.

I've been doing one thing this week that is helping with all the stress. I've begun making a list of all the things I have to be thankful for. The common ones and the not so common ones. It really does help to keep things in perspective.

2 comments:

BBC said...

God doesn't like politics. They help keep the world screwed up.

Something to be thankful for.

A little bit of sun each day. If I don't get any today I will be thankful for not much rain.

Or at the end of the day, a beer and then a warm bed.

Leandra said...

We've had some decent weather here the past couple of days. Sunshine each morning, for instance.

I love politics. It's great to realize that there are actually people in this world that are more screwed up than I am.

I put out the money for a good mattress a few years ago, so I have the warm and comfy bed as well, with a big down quilt on it.

I'll pass on the beer though a glass of sherry or port would be nice.