Saturday, March 31, 2007

Another Week

Well, another week is in the books. It wasn't any more or less successful than any number of other such weeks, I guess. Tomorrow makes a full week since my daughter started serving her time for drunk driving. It's only been a week and already the bureaucracy, the petty hassles, the incompetence, and other such things are making her vow to never go back. I hope she is right.

I got back into my routine a bit more solidly, writing and quilting most days. I had a somewhat major setback when I discovered that the directions for making my afghan were totally wrong. This is going to necessitate pulling out and redoing an entire afghan. *sigh* Not only does this interfere with my schedule for ensuring all my things are done by the end of the year, but it's just a royal pita in general. After experimenting for several hours I've discovered a work-around that should work. To be sure, I will have to make eight of the small pieces and sew them together. Thus far I have two of them done.

I added some me time to my routines these days. That includes using lotion on rough spots on my legs, making sure I use my face moisturizer and other things like that daily. That includes a night cream. I'm already seeing some improvement. I've been pretty careless and getting older means more not less care.

I'm considering installing my story building software on my laptop computer. It would give me a nice safe place to store ideas, and would be easier to work on there than in my room where it gets pretty cold at times.

I got the results from my sleep study day before yesterday. Everything is just fine. The machine I use for sleep is calibrated correctly and nothing needs to be changed. Of course that does nothing to ensure that I sleep. So I sent my sleep doctor a note asking what the next steps are. I should hear back early next week and we'll see.

So as I said, it's yet another week. Nothing much going on.

2 comments:

BBC said...

Days is days

Weeks is weeks

Years is years

And then we die and start all over again

It's getting to be a pain in the ass.

LOL

Leandra said...

I hear you there. I think next time I'll come back as a house cat.