Friday, March 09, 2007

It's Going to be a Long Night

You can count on that. My daughter and I are both up and are both waiting for her former girlfriend to show up and try to break into the house. The woman is roaring shitfaced drunk and wants to get to my daughter. Right now she's out trying to find my daughter, but I warned her and she ran from where she was and came home. The doors are bolted and we're just waiting for all hell to break loose. My daughter is on the telephone with the police right now finding out what we have to do should she manage to break in. We know the door will hold as she's tried to kick that in before, but there are big glass windows.

We know she will come back here because she has nowhere else to go. All of her friends have given up on her erratic behavior. This all started earlier in the day. My daughter got another DUI and has been going through all the court stuff. Later this month she will be serving some jail time as well. The only really good news besides work release is that my daughter found out today that she will be able to get a provisional license that allows her to drive to and from work as soon as her jail time is over. This woman recently lost her license after she got busted for driving while on a suspended license. Seems she got stopped some months back and got a ticket (which she never paid) for driving without insurance. She's furious that my daughter gets her provisional license (she paid her fines, etc.) so she went out and got drunk, came back here, and things went to hell.

My daughter left to avoid a fight. Then this mess started. Right now this woman is in a nearby bar getting progressively drunker and drunker and and talking more and more violence. This has happened before. This time I am hoping my daughter is serious and doesn't just change her mind. I no longer trust the woman after some things she said to me, and after she tried to pick a fight with me. I refused to fight, telling her I'd be happy to talk to her later when she is sober. She left and later told people I had "gone off on her." Hell, I don't raise my voice to my daughter, much less to this woman. Then she called me a liar which buried it as far as I am concerned.

The police just left. The officer says there isn't much we can do, but if she tries to break down the door we are to call him and he'll come back immediately. He'll be in the area until 6 in the morning, so it should be ok other than for the upset. At least I hope so. We can't even lock ourselves in the back room. While I was talking Susan to a safe place, she kicked in the door and ruined the lock there. I have a hunch I'll get precious little sleep tonight.

1 comment:

BBC said...

Okay

We have two drunks here

Causing their own problems

And you live in the middle of it

So how is that working for you?