Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Working on Changes

Sewmouse has inspired me to try to get better organized so I can actually do the things I want to do. I have managed to begin some things. I'm going to the doctor about my sleep problems and intend to keep with it until they find something that works. Yesterday I completed a five day, at-home sleep study, so am waiting for the end results of that.

I intend to go to the Senior Center in town either tomorrow or the next day and see not only what they have there that I might enjoy but also see if there is anything I might contribute as well. Sew has suggests a Tai Chi class which I have been looking into for quite some time. I guess I am still not entirely sure I could do it.

Another thing I have been doing faithfully is to work on my afghans. I finished making the last piece of the current one tonight and will begin piecing it together tomorrow. By Monday or so it will be finished and I can mail it off to its intended recipient. It's a wedding present for my sister/niece. Don't ask. That's an entirely different story. I'll post a picture here when it's done. That will leave four more to complete before Christmas.

There are three more things I need to add to my do every day list. The first is write on my story. Half an hour by the clock every single day. The second is work on the quilt I'm making for my son and daughter in law. Another half an hour every day while I listen to the news and drink coffee in the morning. What a perfect way to start a day. The final thing is to make a list of five things to do around either the house or the yard, then do them.

This is way more than enough for right now. When they become habits that are not slacked off on, I'll find other things. For instance, I have an appointment on Monday to have a thorough eye exam. It's possible I will be a candidate for cataract surgery one of these days soon. I know I have them; I just need to see how much worse they've become in the past year and a half. I know they are worse. I can see it.

I do plan to post here more often. On Thursday or Friday it will be about what I'm doing and my progress toward meeting my goals. On Sunday or Monday it will be about politics or something else that interests me personally. If I have other things then there are other days.

1 comment:

BBC said...

Good, I will get off your ass then.

I hope that you check into your own housing. It would be very good for you and it is very affordable in this state if you take advantage of the programs available to you.

Good luck. Hugs.