Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Soft Moment

I had one of those "awwww" moments yesterday afternoon. On of my daughter's friends came by to introduce us to her new puppy. It is a six week old British bulldog. He had cute down to a science and I got to hold him for a while. What a little sweetie. I realize he'll grow up to be this huge ugly dog, but at that moment when he was snuggled up on my chest he was cuteness personified.

Susan's girl dog isn't doing well on the anti-cancer drug she is on. I sincerely wonder if she'd going to make it much longer. Susan is talking about getting a new puppy in a couple of months. First of course we have to have her current male dog evaluated by a trainer. It's my humble opinion that he will never adapt to another dog in the house. The only reason he adapted to the two other dogs who lived here was because they were here first and all of them were puppies. He's older now and has no patience as well as being jealous. We will see, I guess.

But for a few minutes yesterday I couldn't stop smiling. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. A warm puppy does it every time.

No comments: