Sunday, April 29, 2007

Update

It has been a while since I posted here. I've been stressed and busy. Not a really good combination. I think that the hemorrhaging of money has finally abated. It's been a very expensive last two months. I have one more sort of close month then six before it gets dicey again. Maybe more; which gives me time to save and ease the burden next time.


The tension around here abated for a while, but is building again. My daughter is out of jail but is still on two months of home detention which allows her to go only to work and back. That means all the errands, grocery shopping, local bill paying, etc. falls to me. I don't mind I guess because it does get me out of the house from time to time.

Susan has broken up with her girlfriend......again. It's the fifth time I think. As with all the other times it probably won't last. At least this time the girlfriend is doing everything in her power to keep Susan mad and unhappy with her, so maybe it will work this time for good. The thing is that the girlfriend is a convicted felon and if she were living here, then Susan would not have been let out of jail until the cops had cleared her out. The past four or five days have been miserable with constant wrangling and arguing. Every time they break up the girlfriend instantly finds another person to date......not really but that's what she claims. There really aren't that many single lesbians working at the local Taco Time I don't think. She's also helped by making promises and breaking them, and lying and stealing.

I had a very long talk with my sleep doctor on Thursday. The news from the last test wasn't all that good. It confirmed exactly what I told them: I generally fall asleep relatively quickly, then wake up repeatedly all night. He's pretty much at a loss as to what to do next since the sleeping pills the other doctor prescribed for me don't work. They do help me on those few nights a month when I have trouble falling asleep, but do nothing about me waking up repeatedly all night. I'm not sure where we're going next. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Today should be the most fun you can have standing up. The girlfriend is coming over to get the last of her things so there is no reason for her to come back to the house. We have to have the locks changed because she is lying and saying she has never had a key to the house. I know that to be untrue since I had the key made and handed it to her myself.

On the upside, I've got a lot of stuff done toward the garden. The pots of flowers I thought drowned out have decided to show their heads now that the weather is turning warmer, so I can now identify which is which. I may have to plant a few more nasturtiums as the number managing to survive seem too few for a good pot of flowers. On the other hand, the sweet peas are abundant and should be beautiful. I got one of the hanging planters replanted for this year, and planted columbine, pansies, and some lilies in one of the flower beds.

I am going to be going to Home Depot again soon to pick up tomato plants, which are all the veggies that the garden center has out yet. We're going to put two in huge pots on the porch with tomato cages, and two of the really big ones in the garden, also in cages. We learned our lesson last year with regard to not staking them up from day one.

The rest of the garden will go in across the month of May. We're keeping it simple this year as much of what I planted last year didn't grow. Susan and I have decided to re-establish the flower bed that used to be along the side of the house. We're not sure yet all that we're putting in it, but it will be a bit at a time thing. One thing is going to be dwarf lilacs. I can't wait on that one. We're also considering putting in a cute little bed around the mailbox just because it looks great. From there we'll just wing it.

So far things with the garden are going well. We'll see.

No comments: