Monday, April 30, 2007

Busy Busy Day

It's been busy around here today. I went to Home Depot's garden center and found every single one of the plants for my garden this year. They are now sitting in the ground feeling smug and happy about being so wanted. There are tomatoes (large, roma, and cherry), cucumbers, zucchini, jalapenos, bell peppers, broccoli, and brussel sprouts. They look sort of lonely at the moment because they are so teensy and spaced out in the garden. However, if they grow as they should, the garden will soon be lush and green and in a short time will begin producing.

I got a few flowers and will plant another hanging basket in the morning. I'm way too tired to do it at the moment. I still have to plant some more nasturtiums. A few came up, but not nearly enough to make a pot. The sweet peas, however, all sprouted despite being nearly drowned, and they are happy and plentiful. I have several other things planted and am hoping some of it comes up. I want flowers.

I also promised my daughter I would mop the kitchen and I got that done as well. I was supposed to go get gas for the mower and for my car plus make a small Costco run but my get up and go got up and went. I'm just too tired to do it right now. I just want to read a while and bask in the knowledge that I actually got a lot done today. I was slow and methodical, I admit, but it is done and done right too.

My daughter's dog is on my list. He is liable to be there for a long time after this morning. He wanted to go out and I let him into the back yard. Then I had to go to the bathroom myself, and in the time it took me to do that he moved the plywood and rocks blocking his way, all but tore the metal siding off the house and escaped under the house and out the front. When I tried to get him he ran back under the house and hid. He came out a second time, and would have gotten entirely away had he not been stupid enough to bark at something. As a result, until someone can make some very heavy duty repairs out back, he will be on a sliding run with a pinch collar every single time he goes outside for the next couple of months. It's the second time in as many days he's managed to get out and I was forced to chase him. Right how he's in the living room being careful not to annoy me any futher.

6 comments:

Sewmouse said...

You might could "accidently" forget to put him on his lead, then "accidently" forget to go chase him down...

I hate that dog.

BBC said...

I'm with Sewmouse.

I'm not fond of idiots.

So, with all this planting, did you plant a man?

You can always raise another dope.

Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Leandra said...

Nah. Men don't like me actually. They have what amounts to a total indifference to me. I'm at that age where women are invisible as far as men are concerned. I'm not complaining as my life is considerably less complicated as a result. At least in that department. It's complicated enough otherwise.

Sew keeps nagging me to get out and meet people.

BBC said...

Umm, I like you. At least your online personality and struggles.

And my spirit loves your spirit if you take the human factor out of it.

Drop by for coffee or a drink, everyone knows where I live. Hugs.

Leandra said...

Funny thing is that we are not that far apart. Sew says you live on the other side of the pass. That's not a long drive even from here.

My real life personality is pretty much the same as my online one, other than I am a bit more quiet in real life. One of the blessings of getting older is being able to say exactly what you think.

Sewmouse said...

Hey Lea?

Someone just invited you out for coffee.

Just sayin'...