Saturday, March 15, 2008

Being Sick is the Pits

I hate being sick. It's not something I do well. I've been sick for about a week and a half now. Since I had transportation today, I went to the walk-in clinic where I go. The doctor checked me out and did some tests. She pretty much agrees with me that it's my gallbladder. Depending on what the tests show I will probably need an ultrasound, which I won't be able to go get until Friday or Saturday at the earliest, depending on David's work schedule.

When I loaned him my car, it was supposed to be for 4 days tops. It's going on two weeks. Last weekend they laid around all day and did nothing whatever to start fixing the car he's going to use. At least this week they are out doing some stuff, so I assume they will get the battery and other stuff they need to fix the car. It would be very nice if that's what they're doing.

For now I'm not sure if I'm getting better or getting worse. The soreness is gone, but my stomach still isn't happy and I'm weak and tired. My guess is rather than having stones, I have an infection. That would explain feeling so rotten and the absence of any acute pain. I simply feel exhausted all the time. And I am cold. The heat is on. Oh well.

I finally had a smoothie for lunch. That set well with my tummy. I've sort of been more or less living on smoothies, cottage cheese, and fruit these past five days or so. I just want this to blow over. I want what little energy I have back.

Update: I got the results back on my tests. Liver function tests are way off. This is, as the doctor says, completely consistent with a gallbladder problem. I should be able to call and schedule an ultrasound for Friday. Cannot get it sooner, but will have a car on Friday. From there we'll decide if this is an infection that can be treated or stones, which means the gallbladder has to come out. That will wait until June unless I'm really sick. I need to keep working as long as I can.

No comments: