Friday, March 07, 2008

Same Stuff, Different Day.

It is somewhere approaching midnight. I had a nice nap. Maybe an hour. Then my daughter got home. They've been yelling for the past hour and it's not likely to stop this time. Apparently he hit her in the cab on the way home tonight. At first he was denying it, then he said she hit him first, but now he's saying he's sorry, he made a huge mistake, and that he won't ever do it again.

I can all but guarantee he will never do it again. My daughter was in an extremely abusive relationship at one time, and she has vowed never to be in another one. I don't see her backing down with this, particularly since it involves physical violence.

Stress is such a wonderful thing. It keeps you up at night and keeps you alert. If stress were money, I would now be a multi-millionaire. Susan just got the dog. To get him out of my room now she has to bribe him when they are fighting. So she gets him a treat, and treat whore that he is he leaves. This is quite fine with me to be honest. I really don't sleep well with the dog anyway.

I'm out a bit of money, since I loaned him the money for her Christmas present, but that's ok. It is worth it in the long run. The constant fighting is going to leave me with a breakdown if it goes on much longer. The only thing that really worries me is that she will now go back to drinking like a fish, when she was making some progress toward at least slowing down.

In the end, however, I will survive this as will she.

No comments: