Sunday, March 09, 2008

Busy Sunday

This was a very busy Sunday for me. For the past couple of weeks I have been increasingly discontented with the part of the living room that represents one of my two personal spaces in the house. On Friday I decided that today I was going to get it clean.

After breakfast this morning I began very systematically cleaning the area. I emptied the magazine rack, then either stored away or tossed everything that didn't belong there. I emptied the trash, cleaned off the top of my little sewing table, cleaned off the top of a small storage box I have there as sort of a secondary end table. I cleaned off the end table itself then polished the wooden items. I dusted everything then moved it all out of the immediate area and moved my recliner. It's absolutely amazing how many dust bunnies make their home under recliners.

I collected all the books I had in numerous places around my chair and divided them into three piles. One would stay, one went into the Half Price Books box, and the other one came into the bedroom for later.

Then I dusted and de-cobwebbed, then vacuumed the entire area. I could not believe the amount of dust and lint I got off of it. By then I had to empty the waste basket again. After that I systematically put everything back where I got it. I had even found a nice nylon tote to put a lot of my craft projects into so they are in one place, and out of the way. It really looks good. Of course I misplaced one small item I really really needed to have at arm's length, but after a brief search I found it and returned it to where it belonged in the first place.

This was a lot of work and took me several hours. The next target is my bedroom. It shouldn't take as long as it's not as messy, but then again it has a lot less room for putting things than the living room area. I'll probably chip away at it this coming week between getting other stuff done. I am on a mission to get some things tidied up around here before I get homicidal about it.

No comments: