Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dreary Day

It has been an absolutely do-nothing day today. I awoke around 3:00 and was up an hour or so before I got tired enough to go back to sleep. I was up again before 7:00. No dog this morning; this is a good thing.

The weather is dreary and nasty. It's been storming all day. High winds and copious amounts of rain. I don't even have the ambition to play my games or write or do anything. I didn't even do my laundry which desperately needs to be done. I will definitely do it tomorrow.

This afternoon it was cold and my feet were freezing. I couldn't build a fire. There was little wood in the house and no starter logs. So it was cold on top of being damp and drippy. Finally the lack of sleep caught up and I pulled on an extra sweater and my gloves, then put my afghan over my legs and chest. I was asleep in minutes. I only slept maybe 45 minutes, but it helped a lot. I woke up very warm and cozy. I really hated to move.

I guess I'll dig in my drawers and see if I can find some socks. I'll never get to sleep tonight if my feet are this cold.

No comments: