Monday, November 13, 2006

Random Ramblings

These are just random thoughts on a cold, wet, windy day. I'm really bored, yet I actually have more things to do than I can possibly get done at any given time.

I have finished my planning for Christmas. I know who I am giving what. The quilt I am making for my son and his wife won't be done by Christmas, of course. I'll send them each a small present with a picture of the quilt attached to it so they can see what they are getting. Works for me.

It's probably not going to be a very merry Christmas this year. My daughter's divorce will be final and she's got some personal problems that may mean she won't be home for the holiday. Unfortunately nobody but me and one or two very close friends know of this and I cannot talk about it at her request.

My feet are cold, but that will change soon as I get ready for bed and crawl between my nice warm flannel sheets. I do need to wash my down comforter though. The dogs have left footprints all over it. The weather has been miserable for a couple of weeks, though it barely rained today.

I just learned that my favorite conveniently located grocery store is going out of business in a couple of weeks. *sigh* I will miss the quality. Albertsons just doesn't cut it.

Tomorrow I plan to get the rest of my housework done, do my laundry, wash the comforter, then dig out a jigsaw puzzle and start working it on the dining room table. I will also finish a book I've been reading and get more writing done. I always have more books to read, a quilt to work on, and an afghan that I am knitting. It's always something. I may toss some Posole together in the crock pot first thing in the morning and let it simmer all day for supper tomorrow night.

I am craving something sweet. And it's really time for bed.

2 comments:

Sewmouse said...

I like this new blog-look better than your old one.

Leandra said...

Thank you. I experimented with several before settling on this one. With the others I either didn't like the color combinations or they were just too "busy." for me.