Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I have Insurance

Well ok. I don't yet but I will soon. The first of December to be precise. I got the card in the mail today indicating I have been accepted for the supplemental Medicare plan I chose.

As soon as I am eligible I will locate the nearest clinic and make an appointment to have my two most annoying problems taken care of, if possible. The first will remain between me and my doctor as it's embarassing to admit to, but I understand there is a prescription drug that can stop the problem.

The second is my sleeplessness. I haven't slept through an entire night for close to 20 years. There is a new sleeping pill that doesn't carry a caveat of a risk of dependency. That's all I would need, to find something that worked then discover I could never get off if it. I understand that rebound insomnia is a really difficult thing to deal with. I'm sure I would have less depression and more energy if I were ever truly rested. On the very rare occasions I do sleep and only wake up three or four times in a night I know I feel a lot better. I can just imagine how sleeping 6-8 straight hours would feel.

So I'm psyched. I also got dental insurance which will permit me to get my teeth relined. If I do it in December, then I immediately have the entire years funding when Jan 1 arrives. My teeth definitely need to be relined.

I've been nervous thinking that after all the research and everything that I would be turned down for this coverage. I'm glad I have it. I suppose I'll be getting some sort of membership package in the next couple of weeks. And this coverage also includes prescription drugs, glasses, and a membership in the local YMCA as part of the package. That's more health coverage than I have had in literally 10 years.

No comments: