Thursday, November 09, 2006

I m probably imagining things

I know it is probably all coincidence, but a few months ago I sent the DNC a letter containing the piece I posted here of advice on what to do if they won the election. Naturally they did not even acknowlege getting it, but it's amazing that they have apparently implemented every single I suggested.

I fully realize that most of what I said was purely common sense. Still, today Nancy Pelosi announced a list of things Republicans had excluded Democrats from in the House and vowed to include them as much as possible now that Democrats have power. That was one of my suggestions. I suggested they muzzle Howard Dean until he could be a bit more temperate in how he spoke. He was hardly seen during the election. Others spoke for the Democrats. I suggested they make a list of a few essential things they intended to accomplish, then work across the aisle to make them happen. They've done that. I suggested that they absolutely not get tied up in an impeachment effort; Pelosi has said they will not. I suggested several other things, a total of ten in all, and every one of them has been implemented.

The reason I know it just has to be common sense rather than them paying attention to me is that if they truly were using my ideas, they would have contacted me by now to at least thank me for the advice. I offered it freely but I would have been so totally excited had someone acknowledged it and said thank you. Everyone likes to believe their ideas have merit. I guess I'm no different in that.

No comments: