Saturday, August 18, 2007

Another Week Shot to Hell

I managed to get through another week relatively unscathed. I've been thinking for a while that I need to get away for a weekend or something like that. I'm not sure exactly where I would go though. I even considered checking into a hotel in the downtown area and then using it as a base of operations to visit the market, do some shopping, etc. Two things stop me on that one....first is that crime in that area is way up for some reason, and second because they are redoing the main freeway between here and there and traffic is an utter nightmare. There are other places. I shall persevere.

I planned to get much more done this week than I actually have. This isn't exactly new but things kept coming up. I finally got the cigarette lighter thingie in my car fixed. Well sort of anyway. They removed the broken lighter, which I don't need as I am not dumb enough to smoke (other than when I am on fire, of course) but I do need some way to charge my navigation unit. Now I have one. It was rather neat. I am considering taking the car back to the same place to get the heater repaired, but in this state we have like 4-5 cold days a year and the heater works on other than those days. Not sure what's wrong with it. It was a bummer when I lived somewhere where the temperature could be sub-zero for weeks on end.

More mess with my daughter's dog. His liver enzymes are way up. It has nothing to do with the last poisoning episode, and the vet doesn't know what it might be. We'll know more in a week. I would hate to see my daughter lose the last of her three dogs so soon after the last. This one is really her baby. For now he's a happy camper because he gets a new mini-meal in the morning when I give him the pills. It's easier than trying to stuff them down his throat. He weighs over 60 lbs. so you can see the problem.

I even managed to get stuff done on my story. I'll have Ch. 21 done today. This is progress. I really want to do some stuff on getting my car entirely cleaned out. For today that's going to mean getting stuff out of the trunk that's been there since half past forever, putting my roadside and first aid kit into a nice bag I bought for them, and bringing a couple of baskets into the house.

Other than that, I'm not interested in doing to very much.

2 comments:

Sewmouse said...

Like I told you before - you're always welcome to come for a few days here.

BBC said...

I'm always interested in doing everything.