Friday, August 24, 2007

It's Good News

Today I took my daughter's dog to the vet for a checkup. The last time he was there his liver enzyme levels were so high they were dangerous. The vet suggested we try something natural first which takes the form of fish oil capsules and a dietary supplement called SAM-e. Today (two weeks later) we were going to see how this worked.

The word fabulously would be the best choice. From having levels elevated two and three times normal, everything is back within normal ranges. He's doing very well on pure dietary supplements. We'll take him back for a follow up about Christmas time or there about. The bonus is that the fish oil capsules also fixed a problem he was having with dry skin. Now his coat just shines.

It's about time we have happy news in this family. My daughter has lost two dogs in a year and a half. This one is her baby and his loss would have been utterly devastating. But for once things worked out. I'm a happy camper.

1 comment:

BBC said...

I haven't had a dog for years, it's too hard when you lose one. And vets are getting too expensive. My cats are mostly outside cats and not that attached to me so if I lose one it's no big deal heart wise.

Actually, they are just freeloaders but I do enjoy having them around.