Saturday, January 06, 2007

I am totally, utterly furious

On Thursday, tired of struggling to build a website one atom at a time and taking hours to do the simplest things, I ordered a book from Amazon with 120 pre-built web templates. I paid almost the cost of the book for next day delivery.

Friday came and went. No package. I checked the website to track the package and the UPS delivery guy had posted he had attempted to deliver the package twice without success BECAUSE THE ADDRESS WAS INCORRECT!!!!

Excuse me? They've been delivering packages here for over two years and they suddenly cannot find the place? I checked my order. The address was correct. I tried to call UPS. They were closed and their manager (the only human being you can talk to there) had a full voice mail box. The front desk said don't leave voice messages because we won't get them.

So today I called again and this time got a phone answering person. He confirmed that the address is correct. But guess what? They don't deliver on the weekend. That means by the time I get it my overnight package will have taken either four or five days depending on whether I go in and pick it up on Monday or let them try for a re-delivery on Tuesday. I'm hardly going to let them try to re-deliver the package since they can't find the place anyway. Why assume they could find it a third time?

So here I sit. I'm about as furious as I remember being for a very very long time. I'm going to have to personally go pick it up days late. Right now I'm going to go to Home Depot and buy some 4-5 inch high letters for the house. Maybe I should get ones that are a foot high just in case. Grrr!!!!!

3 comments:

BBC said...

Awwwww.... Are the monkeys screwing with you Leandra? LOL

Leandra said...

What is funny is that it takes a lot to get me riled in the first place. I'm very even-tempered. This whole mess finally just pissed me off.

I called UPS and told them to send the package back and to explain to Amazon that if I pay for next day delivery I expect to get it the next day, not 4-5 days later. I then found the book at a Barnes and Noble about 10 miles or so from my house and drove over and picked it up. It cost more than the one from Amazon, but there was no shipping, so it was pretty much a wash financially.

Sewmouse said...

Don't get me started on UPS.

Ever since they STOLE my computer a few years ago, I refuse do do ANY business with them.