Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Update on the continuing Amazon drama

Some of you may have read my previous post about my frustration with Amazon and a book delivery. Well the saga continues.

Today I got two emails saying that they had sent my sister's Christmas present back because nobody there would accept the package. They then called my sister and told her they were refunding her money. There are a couple of problems there. First off, the package had never been taken to the house. And yes, the address was correct. Secondly, my sister never ordered it so it was rather premature for them to be refunding her account. So I have contacted Amazon yet again. We'll see how it works out.

Now for more on the notorious boomerang package. As you may remember, I ordered an overnight delivery that UPS finally got to my door on Monday (three days late). So yesterday morning I took the unopened package back to the UPS store and told them to return it to Amazon, and told them why. The guy there said "no problem." He obviously underestimated UPS's ability to really screw things up. This morning the same package is back on my doorstep and I have re-contacted Amazon asking how in hell I get it back to them if UPS keeps bringing the same package back to me. Inquiring minds want to know these things.

Man am I getting frustrated.

3 comments:

BBC said...

I hate it when that happens, I once got delivered back to a womans home five frigging times. LOL

My friend Rick is fighting with them also. They wrecked his two thousand dollar sewing machine returning it from the shop that tuned it up.

They don't want to pay him anything even though the extra insurance was purchased through them.

Capitalist crooks.

Sewmouse said...

UPS is evil.
UPS stole Artie the Computer.
Sewmouse does not use UPS ever ever ever.

Not until they give me Artie back.
And free deliveries for life.

Leandra said...

What is really ironic is that Fed Ex messed up my sister's order. They miss-scanned the order and thus failed to deliver it. The company refuses to send it out again and if they could be persuaded to they would charge me shipping even though they screwed it up.

I told them I considered their consumer service excretable and that while a satisfied customer might tell one or two people, I assured them that an unhappy one will tell everyone.