Monday, January 01, 2007

The New Year

It's another year. I find that downright astounding. Where did the last one go? My main ambition this year is to get organized so that I begin finishing projects that are important to me.

Part will be crafty stuff such as making afghans and quilting. I've determined to make most of my gifts for next year and I fully plan to have everything done for Christmas by Dec. 1 including the mailing. This means I have to do some on the current projects every day. With quilts I want to get the one I'm working on finished, then tackle the one I have in my chest for Sewmouse that I promised to finish. I wouldn't mind getting the third one its backing and batting and have it on the frame by the end of the year.

I am determined to get a website built and running this year. Even if I never make a dollar off of it, I want to have a website devoted to writing in its many forms. From what I've read it's really needed. Perhaps I can finish the outline I have for a book on technical writing for non-writers. There are two large potential markets there, and it's possible there is a third I need to think about. If the proposal is done then I can try to market it. Tomorrow I want to finish designing the front page and get some of the coding done. Today is a day off to screw around and watch Harry Potter movies.

Writing is my focus this year. I have two books I've been messing along with this past year. It's time I give them time every day. A finished first draft of one of them would be a little bit of heaven. I'm not sure I can do it, but at least I can make positive strides toward the goal.

My main goal isn't really to finish stuff as much as to make steady progress toward a goal. Every day. If I can find time and energy I would like to begin meditating every day. I think it would be something very positive I could do for myself. I also need to check out a couple of exercise classes designed for those with limited mobility. I would love to do Tai Chi but the class I know is designed for people like me is closed at the moment while they move to a new location. I'll definitely take it when it's next available.

So those are my rather grandiose plans for the new year. There is bound to be other stuff that will come up and I will deal with that when it arises. For now at least I have a plan. It will be interesting to see how long I can stick to it.

3 comments:

BBC said...

You have a plan.

He, he, he.

Ah, the best laid plans of men and mice.

Happy New Year.

Sewmouse said...

True enough, BBC,

But you will note the pronoun... MEN!!!

*chuckle*

Leandra said...

Oh that reminds me of something I heard on the news today. The reporter says that Bush has invited the Congressional leaders and their wives to a get-together at the White House later this week. It will be interesting to see Nancy Pelosi come up with a wife to bring with her.