Sunday, January 07, 2007

Progress

Well, the first week of the new year is gone and I've actually made some pretty amazing progress on keeping to my schedule. Not as good as I would wish, of course, but amazing nevertheless. I've managed to chip away at each of my projects every single day. Some days I get more done than others. This coming week I'll add doing a certain amount of cleaning to the mix, which will even more limit my time.

As a result I've been playing WoW a lot less. This is for two reasons actually. First of all, since my character cannot advance in levels it gets boring doing the same thing over and over again. This is also true with advancing lower level characters. I'm doing the same quests I've done half a dozen or more times before. This isn't anyone's fault. I am suddenly really busy with a bunch of real life stuff, and a lot of what people do in the game such as PvP and battlegrounds are things I'm just plain not interested in. I created a human warlock character and have been playing her a bit, but even that has scaled back.

Right now I'm very occupied with working on a quilt for my son, completing 3-5 afghans for Christmas (depending on how ambitious I get), building and launching my website, writing web content, working on two books and the story line for a third and a fourth (yeah Sew, even you don't know about that fourth which is much older than any of the others), and other things. I start a Tai Chi class on Feb 2. Obviously when the new expansion comes out I'll be gaming a lot more since Mit wants to fly. Flying cow. I can just hear the jokes on that one.

It's good to be busy. It makes the days go faster. Sometime early next month I'll be going in for an evaluation on my sleep problem. I'm also scheduling an eye examination and a hearing test. And yeah, as much as I totally and utterly hate the idea, a full physical is on the agenda, but probably not until spring. Then is the dentist too.

The bottom line here is that this is a huge transition time for me from one part of my life to the rest of it. As you can tell from the above, I don't do idle very well. For now, I'm getting more coffee and breakfast. Then I need to shower, dress, and get ready to go out in a couple of hours.

No comments: