Sunday, December 03, 2006

Another Really Busy Day

Today is going to be very busy as far as I am concerned. We have company coming this afternoon. I have been working my butt off since yesterday cleaning and trying to make the house look good. My daughter told me on Thursday that we need to do some work to ensure that the place is clean for company. That's fine.

Thus far I have swept, mopped, cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the glass, cleaned the kitchen, hauled out trash and garbage, brought in extra wood for the fireplace, and done a lot of picking up and tidying up. She has.....uh....well.....gotten her nails done, bought some new jeans, and taken a couple of naps. As much as I hate to, I'm going to have to say something about the fact that we actually means both of us. I know it's just carelessness on her part, and she's got a pile on her mind right now with some pretty heavy stuff facing her come the first of January.

I really disappointed some friends today and I feel wretched about it. We have dungeon runs every Sunday in our online game. This one was particularly important to two of them, and I had to bail because of the company. Were these people just some of the drama queens my daughter generally hangs out with, I could have done the run anyway even with them here. However, this is her ex husband and his current girlfriend, both of which are friends of mine and both of whom I like and respect a very lot. I made the decision that real life had to come first in this instance, but my character is still sitting in a corner in the game out of remorse.

I do have to get my butt in gear. I need to mop the kitchen and wax it, and mop the entry yet. I also need to toss some stuff in the fridge. I try to do that once a week so that nothing is in there too long. Somewhere along the line I'll get some lunch, get showered and dressed, and figure out the mess I have with my new afghan pattern.

2 comments:

BBC said...

You are 64 and you have a daughter at home that dictates that the housework should be done by you while she gets her nails done?

A: Just how old is she?
B: Are you out of your mind?

Hugs.

Leandra said...

Well no. I don't have a daughter at home. A bit over two years ago I lost my job and could not find another. She offered me a place living with her. Yes, I pay rent, but this is her house.

I worded that comment rather badly because I was ticked off and feeling put upon. I need to say something to her about not doing her share. However, she works and I don't. The biggest reason I hesitate is that she is currently going through a divorce, is facing a court appearance to testify against someone who assaulted her, and also has a very big very traumatic event coming up in about a month that is making her severely depressed.

After all of this is over, if things don't get back to normal with her pitching in on her share of the housework, then I will indeed say something. Right now she's got so much coming down on her so hard I'm cutting her a lot of slack.

That doesn't mean I don't resent it from time to time. I'm only human.