Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Doctors

I went to the doctor today for the first time in several years. I qualified for Medicare the first of this month and picked a good insurance gap program, so I went. I have no really serious health issues, but there were a couple of things that bugged me, so I went.

First off, everyone really treated me nicely and I like both the doctor I chose and the facility. I wasn't lectured or talked down to. The best part is that the doctor actually listened to me. I got half of what I wanted. The second half, to help my insomnia, will have to wait. The doctor decided that rather than just give me sleeping pills, they would do another sleep study, re-evaluate the machine I am using, and some other things. While it will take longer, he actually seemed to want to see it fixed. I'm content. I won't go into the first problem I discussed with him as it's a bit embarassing, but whatever it was he gave me seems to have started working from the instant I took the first of the medication.

Given how badly things started off today, this visit was a nice event. I have other things I need to do but this is a start. I got lost on the way to the office, the directions were faulty. Fortunately I got there in time and feel better about it now. I made the right choice of a health care provider. It is nice to have insurance again.

2 comments:

BBC said...

Just take a couple of stiff shots just before going to bed, cheaper than pills.

Ignore the rest of the world, it gives you insomnia.

I think I will move to a cave a hundred miles from no where.

Leandra said...

Tried that as well. The shots not the cave. *grin* It has been around 20 years since I have actually slept through an entire night. On a bad night like last night, I am awake every hour or so. On a good night it's only 2 or 3 times.

I am pretty much a hermit now. I rarely leave the house except to go shopping for essentials.