Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Another year is coming to an end. It's amazing how fast they fly by now. When I was drying my hair the other day I noticed for the first time that once you get beneath the brown layer, the underneath is almost all grey. Another sign of getting old I guess.

I have this enormous wish list for the next year. I have health insurance again for the first time in years, so I am going to pursue sleep. I haven't slept through a night in around 20 years. I'm making an appointment with the sleep clinic where my insurance lies to book an appointment for yet another sleep study. My intention is to get this problem under control within the next year. I also have to see to getting a hernia repair which I will put off until the last possible moment (I loathe surgery), my cataracts repaired, and a bone spur on my heel repaired. Other than that, I'm actually disgustingly healthy other than my weight.

Weight is an issue, but not on the front burner for the upcoming year. I plan to tweak my diet as I go along, but not worry overmuch. I'm too old to care and it's not as if someone is suddenly going to find me overwhelmingly attractive should I lose a large amount of weight. Besides, if one should I would reject him as overly superficial. I'm a treasure as I am, excess weight or no.

Writing is a big issue this coming year. Getting organized is important. Building my website is critical. My hope is to find a modest way of earning money. I don't need much.

I am planning two trips this coming year: one to Chicago and one to North Carolina to visit the rest of my family there. My only hesitation is that they are going to allow cell phone blather on airplanes. I may check into trains or even the bus to avoid having to put up with self-important people and their boring blather on those damned phones.

Anyway, I am busy planning for the new year. Everyone enjoy the last days of this year, and I wish you the very best for the upcoming one.

1 comment:

BBC said...

I started turning gray at about twenty and have been fully gray for many years, so it's no big deal.

I'll be at peace with this world when there is peace on this world. Otherwise I'm going to keep raising hell about it.

I had a quite day, did take Helen to the buffet. Peace.