Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sometimes It's Amazing I don't Kill Myself

It really amazes me that I don't break my fool neck sometimes. I started to put up the plastic on my bedroom window to do away with a cold draft when I'm using my computer. The first thing I noticed is that there is no way I can actually reach the far right corner. So I fuss around a bit with the dogs laying on the bed watching and trying to figure out what the hell I am doing. Finally I decide if I turn my wastebasket upside down I can stand on that and I will be able to reach the corner.

When it collapsed I was pretty lucky; I didn't hit anything on the way down, avoided falling on top of the dogs, and didn't throw my back out. Clara rewarded me with a quizzical look and a lick in my general direction. Ok. Bad idea. So I packed a crate of the fireplace logs (45 pound box) and used those to step up onto the bed. Worked fine. Of course the two sided tape fell off the bed and down behind so I couldn't get it. Eventually I got the tap up then pulled up the remaining tape, picked the fuzzy stuff off of it, and sat down to rewind it.

My vertical file was sitting on the bed. When I sat down, half the stuff in it spilled onto the floor. *sigh*. I'm waiting the requisite 15 minutes before I begin peeling the tape off. Then I will push the crate of logs back, try climbing up on the bed again, and put the plastic up. Once that's done and trimmed, I'll climb back onto the bed one final time and use the hair dryer to remove the wrinkles from the plastic, rehang the curtain, and then return the box to the game room. With any luck this will be completed easily and without any potential damage to life and limb.

6 comments:

BBC said...

I've been trying to kill myself for 63 years, I guess I'm just bad at killing myself.

Too bad, I've had enough of this human experience.

And it sounds like it isn't going any better for you and your daughter.

Life... Argh !!!

Leandra said...

Actually it worked out. She came home and put up the plastic for me. I decided against doing it myself because my back was giving me twinges.

Also, I'm very independent and prefer to do things for myself. It's just the way I am. I only ask for help when I absolutely don't dare try stuff for myself.

My daughter is going through very rough personal times right now. Hopefully things will be better by spring.

BBC said...

As a very handy person there isn't much I can't do for myself (or others). I build things, repair things, invent things.

I can do about anything but fix this screwed up world.

Leandra said...

I long ago stopped trying to fix the world. I realized that the only person I can fix in the world is me.

BBC said...

I don't have to fix me..

I'm fucking perfect...

LOL....

BBC said...

But really, the human race isn't going to be fixed until the world is fixed.